This is a delicious, quick and simple meal to whip up when you’re pressed for time.
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, plus extra for drizzling
1 small onion, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 pound firm-tofu (or extra-firm)
1 bunch leafy greens, remove stem and tear into pieces (I like kale!)
2 tablespoons tamari
2 medium size yams, baked, cooled, peeled and cut into chunks
3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Heat sesame oil in a large pan, and sauté onion, garlic and ginger for a bout a minute.
- Tear the tofu into bite-size pieces and sauté with the onion mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Add the greens and tamari. Sauté for about 7 minutes, or until the greens have completely cooked down. Add a little water if needed.
- Add the yams and gently stir enough to cook through.
- Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil.
This is a recipe adaptation from Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz (one of my favorite cookbook authors!)