One Pan Lemon Parmesan Chicken and Asparagus
• 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1/3 cup flour
• 1 cup panko bread crumbs
• 1 cup parmesan cheese, separated
• 1 teaspoon dried parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 3-4 lemons
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 8 tablespoons melted butter, separated
• 1 pound asparagus
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 tablespoons honey
• Optional: fresh parsley, 1 lemon for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Grab three bowls. Add the flour to one bowl.
- Combine panko, 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, dried parsley, garlic powder, about 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir.
- In the final bowl, add 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest, 4-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on lemon flavor intensity desired), minced garlic, and 5 tablespoons melted butter. Stir. Remove 4 tablespoons of this mixture and set aside.
- Slice chicken breasts to the size of tenders (about 1 and 1/4th inch strips)
- Coat in flour, coat in garlic lemon mixture, and then coat in the Parmesan panko mixture.
- Place on prepared sheet pan. Use any remaining Parmesan panko mixture and sprinkle over tenders.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes and remove.
- Flip the chicken tenders to the other side
- Place the asparagus next to the tenders and drizzle the reserved lemon butter sauce. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over the asparagus and toss with tongs.
- If desired place lemon slices over the chicken (optional)
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and 3 tablespoons honey in a small bowl. Add some pepper and parsley if desired.
- Remove from the oven and top with the honey lemon mixture and fresh parsley if desired and enjoy immediately.
- Do not top chicken breasts with the honey lemon mixture unless eating immediately and aren't planning on having leftovers since it will make it soggy.
Bonterra Organic Sauvignon Blanc --pairs perfectly with One Pan Lemon Parmesan Chicken and Asparagus