This healthy cookie has everything good in it. It is a recipe from a fantastic vegan cookbook called Chloe’s Kitchen by Chloe Coscarelli. These cookies make a great after-yoga snack full of things to give you that additional boost of energy you may need. They also make a nice, healthy dessert when you’re craving something sweet.
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup safflower oil
1/2 cup maple syrup or agave (I did 1/4 of each simply because that’s all I had!)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (vegan if you want a vegan cookie)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the oil, sweetener, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Fold in the rolled oats, shredded coconut, raisins, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tbsp of cookie dough onto oiled cookie sheet and flatten with hand.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until cookies are golden.