This soup is simple, vegan, and delicious! The curried cashew crème really makes this soup seem special even though it is a super simple soup to make.
1 head cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 yellow onion, minced
1 Yukon gold potato, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
3 cups vegetable broth
1 ½ c non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened soymilk)
Curried Cashew Crème
¾ cup unsalted raw cashews
1 ½ tbsp curry powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup warmed non-dairy milk
Pre-heat oven to 450ºF
- Combine cauliflower, garlic, onion, and potato in an oiled baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Roast about 30 minutes and stir halfway.
- Add roasted vegetables to a large pot with broth and bring to boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Blend soup until smooth and simmer 10 more minutes then add milk.
For Curried Cashew Crème:
- Blend cashews into a fine powder.
- Add curry, salt, and non-dairy milk.
Serve soup with the curried cashew crème and enjoy!