‘Tis the season for pumpkin everything! These are one of my favorite desserts to make with pumpkin. They are soft, cake-like, and absolutely delicious.
1 cup pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup safflower oil
2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Put the milk in a small bowl and dissolve the baking soda in the milk and stir into the pumpkin mixture.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the vanilla and the chocolate chips and mix well.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.