Peaches are one of the bountiful fruits in season right now. They are so succulent and sweet and make the perfect dessert in the summertime! This recipe is the perfect amount for a couple of people when you are craving homemade dessert, but don’t have 10 people to share it with. Opt for local peaches if they are available!
For Crumb Topping:
¼ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
¼ cup rolled oats
3 tablespoons sugar
½ tsp vanilla
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon water
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of salt
3-4 ripe peaches
½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon whole-wheat pastry flour
1-2 tablespoons sugar or your preferred sweetener
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Make the topping by combining the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in s small bowl.
- Stir in the vanilla, canola oil, and water until well blended and clumpy.
- Boil water and drop peaches in for a minute. Transfer to cold water. Peel peaches if you choose, but it’s not necessary.
- Cut peaches in half, remove pit, and slice into wedges.
- Mix peaches with lemon juice, flour, and sugar.
- Lay peaches at bottom of a loaf pan and sprinkly crump topping evenly over peaches.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Serve with ice cream or freshly made whipped cream for a truly delectable dessert!