Cranberry Almond Granola
There is nothing quite like homemade granola. Nearly every time I make it someone always asks me to make them a whole batch. Yes, it is that good. This makes a pretty large batch, but it stores well and goes fast so it is worth it.
6 cups rolled oats
1 c shredded coconut
1 cup coconut flakes
1 1/4 cup almond slices
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unbleached flour or whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup Sucanat or brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1/2 cup honey
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup raisins
Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F
- Mix the rolled oats, coconut, nuts, seeds, salt, flour, and Sucanat together.
- Add the honey, oil, vanilla and mix well. Add a little extra flour if you prefer more chunks of granola.
- Spread a single layer on a couple baking sheets.
- Stir every 10 minutes and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden, but careful not to burn. It will be soft when you first take it out, but let it sit and it’ll crisp right up.
- Stir in the dried fruit and enjoy.
Mix it up---Try experimenting with different nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and sweeteners. Other great options include, dates, dried blueberries, mango, sunflower seeds, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, coconut sugar, maple syrup...it’s endless!