If you don’t think you can live without sugar this is the perfect treat to make in order to satisfy those cravings! It is the ideal chocolate treat that is just rich enough to make you not need too much to be satisfied, and they are actually very nutritious and full of antioxidants.
1 vanilla bean, about 7 inches long
1 cup unsweetened coconut, finely shredded
½ cup raw cocoa (cacao) powder
¼ cup coconut manna or raw, unrefined coconut oil
3 tablespoons raw honey
pinch of sea salt
- Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrap out the paste with a knife.
- Put the vanilla bean paste, coconut, cocoa, coconut manna or oil, honey, and salt in a medium bowl and stir well till everything is thoroughly blended and the dough is fairly stiff.
- Pinch off small pieces and roll into balls about 1 inch diameter. Form around 22 balls.
- Chill the balls for at least 4 hours prior to eating.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
This recipe is from Raw Energy by Stephanie Tourles