Bananas are full of potassium and magnesium, making this quick bread a healthy breakfast, afternoon snack, or even a delicious dessert! This recipe is simple to make, vegan and delicious!
½ cup safflower oil
1 cup sucanat (or granulated sugar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
½ tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350º
- Oil a 9x5 inch loaf pan
- In a medium sized bowl, cream the oil, vanilla and sucanat.
- Mix the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder together in a small bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Mash 2-3 ripe bananas and add to mixture.
- Add ½ cup of chopped walnuts if using. Either fold in to mixture or sprinkle on top of loaf.
- Pour into oiled pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
SO good with butter, peanut butter, or on its own!
**For festive, seasonal bread, try adding 1 cup of chopped, washed and drained fresh cranberries instead of bananas.