This crustless quiche is the perfect thing to make for your gluten free friends when you are having them over for Sunday brunch. Serve with a glass of Taranta's Sparkling White wine to complete the meal, and maybe add a couple splashes of peach nectar if you're feeling a mimosa.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch chard (rainbow is the prettiest, but red or green works too)
- 1/8 tsp salt + more for salted water
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Rinse chard well and cut off stems, but don't throw away.
- Cut leaves in half and cut the stems into pieces.
- Bring a small pan of salted water to a boil
- Add the stems of the chard to the boiling water, and cook for a couple minutes. Remove stems from the water and let cool.
- Heat olive oil in a medium size skillet.
- Add chard leaves to the skillet and sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt. Cook 7-8 minutes or until wilted. Stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir and cook 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Break eggs into a bowl. Whisk eggs with pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Add chard leaves and mushrooms to eggs. Mix well.
- Pour into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Top egg mixture with rainbow chard stems.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until eggs are completely cooked.